![]()
I just finished installing Knoppix on my HD and it workd beautifully. Thanks to all those who have posted/listed instructions.
Is it possibel to use this (Knoppix) box as a router? I have a small in-home network (3 computers) and would like to use it as a router/gateway.
If so ... what files need to be modified and with what info/instruction?
Thanks
Wouldn't it be a bit big for a router, if there are also projects like:
http://www.linuxrouter.org/
http://www.coyotelinux.com/
http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/
http://www.fli4l.de/e_index.htm
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/
http://www.freesco.info/freesco/ Or http://www.freesco.org/
...
http://www.google.com/search?&q=router+floppy+linux
I am using Knoppix from CD as my firewall, and I don't think it's overkill. Since ip routing does not utilize the disk after it is stored in memory, I also use the machine to do other things (watch TV, burn cd's, print docs, etc.) Makes a great wireless access point to if you can put your wireless card in AD HOC mode and configure the routing for it.
All you need to do is to configure your machine with two network interfaces and configure NAT (IP Masquerading) as noted on the following link:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1863#8694
Good luck
Paul
Thank you Paul.........this looks like the kind of input I was hopeing for.....
melo

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00