-
Knoppix Router/Gateway?
I just finished installing Knoppix on my HD and it workd beautifully. Thanks to all those who have posted/listed instructions.
Is it possibel to use this (Knoppix) box as a router? I have a small in-home network (3 computers) and would like to use it as a router/gateway.
If so ... what files need to be modified and with what info/instruction?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
It should be easy enough to apt-get install firestarter and set up NAT that way. Personally I would recommend using a distro made for a router/firewall such as can be found here. Also I have been very keen to try out m0n0wall. FreeBSD based and with a web based configuration.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am using Knoppix from CD as my firewall, and I don't think it's overkill. Since ip routing does not utilize the disk after it is stored in memory, I also use the machine to do other things (watch TV, burn cd's, print docs, etc.) Makes a great wireless access point to if you can put your wireless card in AD HOC mode and configure the routing for it.
All you need to do is to configure your machine with two network interfaces and configure NAT (IP Masquerading) as noted on the following link:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1863#8694
Good luck
Paul
-
Thank you Paul.........this looks like the kind of input I was hopeing for.....
melo
Similar Threads
-
By Interruptor in forum German Forum
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 10:50 AM
-
By ghostblaze in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By SideWynder in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By orcsoul in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM
-
By djm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2003, 02:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung SSD980 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
$125.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00