![]()
I just finished installing Knoppix on my HD and it workd beautifully. Thanks to all those who have posted/listed instructions.
Is it possibel to use this (Knoppix) box as a router? I have a small in-home network (3 computers) and would like to use it as a router/gateway.
If so ... what files need to be modified and with what info/instruction?
Thanks
Wouldn't it be a bit big for a router, if there are also projects like:
http://www.linuxrouter.org/
http://www.coyotelinux.com/
http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/
http://www.fli4l.de/e_index.htm
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/
http://www.freesco.info/freesco/ Or http://www.freesco.org/
...
http://www.google.com/search?&q=router+floppy+linux
I am using Knoppix from CD as my firewall, and I don't think it's overkill. Since ip routing does not utilize the disk after it is stored in memory, I also use the machine to do other things (watch TV, burn cd's, print docs, etc.) Makes a great wireless access point to if you can put your wireless card in AD HOC mode and configure the routing for it.
All you need to do is to configure your machine with two network interfaces and configure NAT (IP Masquerading) as noted on the following link:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1863#8694
Good luck
Paul
Thank you Paul.........this looks like the kind of input I was hopeing for.....
melo

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed â Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot
$1082.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99