-
Senior Member
registered user
How do I kill a stalled app
Somehow I have what I think is a damaged XMMS screen 'running' (it doesn't actually run) frozen on my desktop (KDE). It won't minimize, run or close. How do I get rid of it? I've tried 'kill xmms' from console (response "no such pid"). Is there a Linux eqivalent to Win ctrl-alt-del->shutdown-application?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: How do I kill a stalled app

Originally Posted by
CrashedAgain
Somehow I have what I think is a damaged XMMS screen 'running' (it doesn't actually run) frozen on my desktop (KDE). It won't minimize, run or close. How do I get rid of it? I've tried 'kill xmms' from console (response "no such pid"). Is there a Linux eqivalent to Win ctrl-alt-del->shutdown-application?
Try ps xa | grep xmms it should return a list of the process running with xmms you will probably see at least 6 or 7 just start killing them off with kill number_of_process if this does not work then kill -9 number_of_process. Also ctrl-atl-esc will bring up a little skull and bones cursor which when clicked on xmms should kill it, just ctrl-esc will bring up the process manager you can then try to kill it off from there.
-
Senior Member
registered user
ctrl-alt-esc worked. Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Gary999 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 06:23 PM
-
By swazi in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:17 AM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 08:59 AM
-
By musclemania2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 03:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00