-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: can win box get infected?

Originally Posted by
Badgermc
I just got started with Knoppix but I fear without my firewall and virus software running, my WinXP might get infected. I've just started witn Linux and can't give up everything from WinXP yet. I previously got burnt with Mandrake and have stayed away for a year. I'm back to try open source again but I just have some doubts about my security .
Don't worry about viruses. Linux wont get infected and neither will XP (I'm assuming XP is on another partition and tuhs not running when Linux is running...of course we can't guarantee it won't be infected when XP itself is running 
Using a firewall is not a bad idea though. You might want to try Firestarter. apt-get install firestarter
Similar Threads
-
By Seyyapc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 12:51 AM
-
By Zippylds in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 01:46 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 10:41 AM
-
By lee1212 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:31 PM
-
By massai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Catalyst C9300L-48PF-4X-48-E V02 Port Full PoE+ Switch
$1900.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89