um, poorman's install is just a variant of live CD so I don't know if /etc/fstab(your configured one) would have any effect, as it is supposed to be autogen by knoppix.
HI,
I've downloaded Knoppix 3.3 and made a poor man install (I have a small hd). Everything works fine, but my hd are mounted to root user, despite what is configurated in /etc/fstab.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks.
um, poorman's install is just a variant of live CD so I don't know if /etc/fstab(your configured one) would have any effect, as it is supposed to be autogen by knoppix.
Yes, I believe that the poormans install works just like the CD. The problem is that the autogenerated /etc/fstab is setting uid=knoppix for hda1 and when my hd is mounted, the owner of the files is root user.
As far as I know, this isn't the expected behavior (I have only one HD, with one 'fat' partition).
it could be that the generated fstab has no effect as it has been already mounted in linuxrc(for hosting the cloop file).
Can you try a 'mount -o remount' and manually set the uid=knoppix options etc in that command ?
I made some tests... its interesting:
(startup knoppix)
%mount /mnt/hda1 (as root or as knoppix)
mount: /dev/hda1 already mounted or /mnt/hda1 busy
but clicking the HD icon on desktop works fine.
HD is now mounted.
%mount -o remount,suid /mnt/hda1
Only root can mount
%sudo mount -o remount,suid /mnt/hda1
No error message, but files still owned by root
I don't understand... but I think (as you said) that somehow knoppix is doing this because it already mounted the hd to load CD image from it.

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99