I'm confused by your post - are you saying that XP Pro won't regognize the burner for what it is, or that Knoppix won't, or both?
Good luck
JD
Able to boot using PXE on our home lan. My goal is to install Knoppix on the hard disk but only if I am able to utilize the DVD-/+ CD-/+ combo drive burner. I've downloaded MediaLinux as well as dvdauthor6 and am open for any suggestions. My laptop came with XP Home installed and was "upgraded" to Pro before I bought it and for the life of me I am unable to make the os recognize the optical drive for what it really is... a burner combo not just a dvd player and cd burner.
Thanks,
Gone Fishing[/b]
I'm confused by your post - are you saying that XP Pro won't regognize the burner for what it is, or that Knoppix won't, or both?
Good luck
JD
You are correct, I am saying that XP Pro won't regognize the burner for what it is. As for Knoppix I'm unable to determine if it does as it doesn't seem to have any DVD authoring apps which is why I've downloaded Medialilnux.iso and dvdauthor6 as possible solutions. I'm wondering if it would be easier to do an apt get (which I have not done yet) with dvdauthor6 or install MediaLinux what do you think?Originally Posted by j.drake
A quick way to check if it recognized the burner is cdrecord -scanbus when booted from Knoppix if it is seen then you would have to install to the HD to be able to include a line in the /etc/apt/sources.list to install the latest k3b which supports writing to DVD.Originally Posted by gonefishing
Originally Posted by Stephen
Installed Knoppix 3.3 to hd and am dual booting using Gag no problems. Now ready to install the latest k3b. Need help picking the specific version of k3b as well as how to include a line in the /etc/apt/sources.list to install the latest k3b....Can you point me in the right direction?
You need these lines in the sources.list file:Originally Posted by gonefishing
Then you would dselect update and apt-get -s install k3b if the output of the command looks good then remove the -s to actually install. The editing of the file and the commands done as root.Code:## K3b sources for sarge requires KDE > 3.1.2 from SID deb http://www.planet-moll.de/debian sarge main

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$149.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95