Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problems install on the hard drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1

    Problems install on the hard drive

    I always like knoppix since it's a live cd, but I couldn't install some programs that I wanted without overwriting stuff on the cd. So I decided to do a hard drive install. I followed "Installing Knoppix to a hard disk (v1.3)" Guide step by step, but I always end up with this error when booting from the hard drive "error loading Operating System". I thought it was the cd/iso so I downloaded the latest version knoppix (2003-11-03) and checked it with the md5 and burned the image at 4x speed. Also I installed it on a hard drive with one NTFS, one fat32 partion, one swap, and one ext3. There is no os on that hard drive it's on the other one, which has windows xp.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1
    Hi,
    Haven't read the guide but I got the same error message using the knoppix-installer. It seems that it didn't configure lilo properly for me when I altered the partition to which to install /boot.

    Anyways, configure lilo manually and your install should work.

    ss.

Similar Threads

  1. hard drive install problems
    By Phishman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
  2. Problems with hard drive access permissions
    By willkill69 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 10:05 PM
  3. USB hard drive problems
    By jaciii in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 06:49 PM
  4. move Knoppix to the hard drive problems cfdisk fatal error
    By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
  5. Hard drive Install
    By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP

$149.99



HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



Nutanix Supermicro NXS2U2NL12G600  2x Node with Motherboards, Backplanes, & More picture

Nutanix Supermicro NXS2U2NL12G600 2x Node with Motherboards, Backplanes, & More

$450.00