Believe it or not, I've never used irc as I heard there's a lot of junk there. How do I do so for knoppix?
Thanx!
As subject![]()
Believe it or not, I've never used irc as I heard there's a lot of junk there. How do I do so for knoppix?
Thanx!
I use a program called "bitchx" which is a comand line irc client.
to connect to the #knoppix chat room ( where about 10+ ppl hang out all the time ) type this command in a terminal :
bitchx
( now wait for it to connect )
then type
/join #knoppix
to change your nickname :
/nick newnicname
There is a GUI called XCHAT that comes on the KNOPPIX CD.
I only used it once but was OK.
Later
Ben
OK, I tried XCHAT and couldn't connect to irc.noppix.net. Then I tried another server but couldn't, find #knoppix. What did I miss??
That should work. anyhow, use server irc.debian.org
There are different netoworks which have different chanels on them, such as undernet, etc.
The one you want is freenode, formely openprojects.
The server irc.knoppix.net is an alias for irc.debian.org.
So in xchat, there should be a default "Debian Support Channel". Click that, and that will take you into the #debian chanel. Now type "/join #knoppix" to join that channel.
Just open xchat then fill in your nicks and name up top.Click the + and drop the menu by "OpenProjectsNet" and highlite "irc.openprojects.net" next click the "Connect" button at the lower left and in the new window that opens type "/join #knoppix"
OOOO, what fun? I finally used XCHAT and irc.debian.org on channel #knoppix today and had a very nice chat indeed!
Thanx for all you help.
We sure would love to see more people on irc. we had about 30+ the other day, but if you are looking for somewhat instant answers, its the best place to be.
Yup, the other night it was sort of dead. However, about a week ago I went on at night (US Eastern DST) and it was hopping!

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99
Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99