-
n00b needs advice on HD install
I'm a total newbie when it comes to linux. I finally tried it less than two weeks ago and so far, I'm LOVING knoppix. I'm thinking that after I become more familiar with linux in general and knoppix specifically, I want to redo my box so I can dual boot knoppix from the HD as well as WinXPPro (gotta play my games
). I have two hard drives, a 120 gig Western Digital SE and an older 20 gig Maxtor. I was wondering if I could put Knoppix on the Maxtor and WinXP on the Western Digital. I don't think I'd need a lot of room for the knoppix install, but I imagine you guys would know better than me. Do you linux gurus think this is a good or even possible config to run on? I know the Knoppix drive would need to be FAT32, but what about the WinXP drive? Can I use NTFS? Should I use NTFS?
Slightly related to this, I've also recently discovered the magic that is .ogg files for music. I'm thinking I want to transfer my CD collection to my 120 gig using this format (I was actually just about to do this with mp3 VBR). Is this something that can be done under knoppix, or would I be better off using WinXP?
Thank you for any help you can provide. I must say, just browsing through these forums, I've picked up quite a bit of usefull info!
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 11:44 PM
-
By Knad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By okeydokey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:09 AM
-
By drenmi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 08:46 AM
-
By jwilds73 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00