-
Thanks for your replies, they increase my slowly expanding knowledge on linux.
When chosing a linux file system for my hd linux install, is there any advantage to ext2 vs ext3, vs some other linux system? I made a persistant home dir on a memory stick to use until I have time to do the full install, and I noticed it formatted the memory stick to ext2. Is this what knoppix prefers? Is there something "better"?
I'm thinking that I might make the WinXP drive a FAT32 so that I could store my CD collection on that and encode from both WinXP and Knoppix. Or, I could use the 120 gig for the Knoppix install and have a FAT32 share on the 20 gig, which I could do a 15/5 split on for WInXP with NTFS. XP with all my crap installed right now only takes about 11 gigs or so. I don't really anticipate getting 4 gigs of Windows software for quite some time.
If anyone has any recomendations or comments on my setup, I'd love to hear them. Thanks again for the help that's been provided, I've found it useful.
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 11:44 PM
-
By Knad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By okeydokey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:09 AM
-
By drenmi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 08:46 AM
-
By jwilds73 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99