Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: no sound??!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    no sound??!!

    Hello i need some help.

    My soundcards name is Altec Lansing and I need to now how to install it, I have tried soundcard cofiguration (doesnt work), Knoppix alsa (doesnt work).. PLEASE HELP ME!!!


    Johan

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15
    Have you done an apt-get or kpackager update ? if so then isue may be that they (debian) have apparently moved lspci from /sbin to /bin what I did was go into the alsa-autoconfig script and change both instances of /sbin/lspci to /bin/pci and it fixed everything here. card is now beeing seen and configured properly by that script. However I am kinda new to linux so you might want to ask around a bit before applying this fix all I know is that after a full update / upgrade with a fresh install from the 3.3 (v9/?/03) cd I had no sound until applying this fix on a sb audigy2 (at least thats what mandrake called it) mp3+ is the actual card any way hop this helps I didnt look to see how heavily the knoppix-autoconfig uses the lspci function but based on what I have seen here they will probably want to look into this in l8r revisions?
    If this is not a good idea to change that script as I have please anyone chime in here!
    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. ASUS integrated sound chip recognized but no sound
    By saxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
  2. sound issues with onboard sound chip
    By frank34 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
  3. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  5. Maxi Sound Muse half channels sound
    By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72