-
I am about to start trying to setup a midi/recording linux based system here myself perhaps we can share our findings? I will begin with apparently midi support isnt in the alsa-autoconfig that knoppix is using from what I can tell of course once hd installed it basiclly becomes debian anyway so I am thinking it can be added? I may be way off, midi may be being detected else where or even perhaps in that script but I dont think so? anyway in most of the better audio production linux kits I have looked at they seem to require (RT?) optimizations to the kernel anyway so a complete sound rebuild is probablly in my near future
If however all your looking for is midi playback from applications like jazz I think they have a application that will allow you to route the midi to another application like timidity for play back just can't remeber what it was called may be -Jack- ? not sure ?
Hope this helps
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:10 PM
-
By dmitry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 02:29 AM
-
By XerithsLover in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:36 PM
-
By skryche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95