-
Good idea Edix.
My dream machine would be a knoppix style boot disk that has simple office/network/internet programs, one almighty mother of a midi/audio sequencer, a cubase/cakewalk clone, a sample based step sequencer like fruityloops, and a few wave chopping and recording facilities.
If any linux programmers out there fancy a challenge, please go for it.
I'm surprised there isn't a linux distro dedicated to music production. I guess there are heavy music programmers and heavy linux programmers, but the two don't seem mix.
Edix, I have tried cheesetracker. It's a start, I found it pretty painless to install and comes with all the features you need in a tracker. Best windows equivilent is Modplug tracker. www.modplug.com although I still favour the windows version as it allows you to pick an individual sample from a soundfont, and being primarily midi based, I like to keep organized with soundfonts.
Jazz++ looks like it has a lot of potential, I believe it's anstalled properly, again I didn't need too many dependants to get it working.Unfortunately there is that small case of no midi to worry about.
I'm pretty much limited to two standards, I don't exactly understand them but I'm working on it. I can install .deb (who can't?) I'm having trouble with .rpms... I also can install any tar.gz file that follows a nice simple rule of thumb: ./configure make make install.
If this doesn't work, I add the tar.gz to that special collection folder knoppix supplies us with.... Trash bin.
I wish I had the time to spend reading through manual after manual, but I just don't... hence I'm here.
Anyways, going to bed now, am typing from windows.... I managed two whole days without it lol. Considering I rely heavily on my pc, that's not bad.
Keep Smiling
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:10 PM
-
By dmitry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 02:29 AM
-
By XerithsLover in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:36 PM
-
By skryche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Lenovo Thinkstation P330 Intel Core i7-8700 16GB 256+256=512GB WiFi With Screen
$650.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00