Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Inspiron 8500

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4

    Inspiron 8500

    I have been trying Knoppix 3.3 for one day now. It runs great on my two desktop machines but the CD will not boot on my Inspiron 8500 laptop. I changed the device boot order but the CD drive just clatters away. Before I go any further I wanted to ask if this is an 8500 problem or just a CD drive incompatibility. I was going to burn a boot CD from the laptop and try that but thought I would ask before going on.

    Thanks for any advice. I am really new at this.

    Bob

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7
    works fine on the 8600.... dont know how big the difference is

    (uh - I must admit I haven't tried the 11-03-2003 yet, the earlier work fine)

    -A

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 05:41 PM
  2. Inspiron 8500 WIDE SCREEN working!
    By Joel in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:08 PM
  3. 3.3 doesn't boot on Dell Inspiron 8500
    By jt4764 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 05:48 AM
  4. Knoppix+Inspiron 8500=not quite right...
    By RandomGoon in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
  5. ATI All in Wonder 8500 TV Tuner Support
    By ManM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Electric Air Duster & Small Vacuum, 130000RPM, 2in1 Cleaner picture

Electric Air Duster & Small Vacuum, 130000RPM, 2in1 Cleaner

$53.22



Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum picture

Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum

$72.62



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00