Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Inspiron 8500

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4

    Inspiron 8500

    I have been trying Knoppix 3.3 for one day now. It runs great on my two desktop machines but the CD will not boot on my Inspiron 8500 laptop. I changed the device boot order but the CD drive just clatters away. Before I go any further I wanted to ask if this is an 8500 problem or just a CD drive incompatibility. I was going to burn a boot CD from the laptop and try that but thought I would ask before going on.

    Thanks for any advice. I am really new at this.

    Bob

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7
    works fine on the 8600.... dont know how big the difference is

    (uh - I must admit I haven't tried the 11-03-2003 yet, the earlier work fine)

    -A

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 05:41 PM
  2. Inspiron 8500 WIDE SCREEN working!
    By Joel in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:08 PM
  3. 3.3 doesn't boot on Dell Inspiron 8500
    By jt4764 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 05:48 AM
  4. Knoppix+Inspiron 8500=not quite right...
    By RandomGoon in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
  5. ATI All in Wonder 8500 TV Tuner Support
    By ManM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Dell R730 AI Home Lab Server 128GB RTX 3060 Ti Dual Xeon 20-Core picture

Dell R730 AI Home Lab Server 128GB RTX 3060 Ti Dual Xeon 20-Core

$999.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00