Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Inspiron 8500

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4

    Inspiron 8500

    I have been trying Knoppix 3.3 for one day now. It runs great on my two desktop machines but the CD will not boot on my Inspiron 8500 laptop. I changed the device boot order but the CD drive just clatters away. Before I go any further I wanted to ask if this is an 8500 problem or just a CD drive incompatibility. I was going to burn a boot CD from the laptop and try that but thought I would ask before going on.

    Thanks for any advice. I am really new at this.

    Bob

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7
    works fine on the 8600.... dont know how big the difference is

    (uh - I must admit I haven't tried the 11-03-2003 yet, the earlier work fine)

    -A

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 05:41 PM
  2. Inspiron 8500 WIDE SCREEN working!
    By Joel in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:08 PM
  3. 3.3 doesn't boot on Dell Inspiron 8500
    By jt4764 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 05:48 AM
  4. Knoppix+Inspiron 8500=not quite right...
    By RandomGoon in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
  5. ATI All in Wonder 8500 TV Tuner Support
    By ManM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$140.00



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i picture

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i

$699.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Server 2x Gold 6126 12C 32GB 2x 480GB SSD H330 picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Server 2x Gold 6126 12C 32GB 2x 480GB SSD H330

$1759.00



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99