-
Senior Member
registered user
Printing stopped working
I have older HD installd Knoppix 1/03 for my testing system, and printing via CUPS to my printer server based laser was working great.
It has now stopped, no printing when on the LAN or via direct connection to the parallel port. Nothing.
I've removed, redone the printers in Printer Manager, same thing, parallel or LAN. I am out theories on how to correct.
When printing either LAN or parallel, it dumps it to the queue and thats where it stays. SOME TIMES via LAN it will send a few bits of data to the printer like its going to print, then it stops. Normally it just doesn't send anything.
Setup:
Lexmark Optra E+ laser
EdiMax PrintSir printer server (lpd://192.168.0.2/lpt1)
Knoppix 1/31/03 HD installed
I can print to it via the LAN fine under wimpdoze, but not via Knoppix as I could when I first set it up. I don't print things that often so didn't notice it till I needed to print recently.
HELP! THanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Networking
Replies: 62
Last Post: 05-27-2006, 10:29 AM
-
By Tayyabrana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 04:41 AM
-
By Leander in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
-
By rbivins in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By jimk in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD
$279.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99