Hi,
I have the same problem with an old Compaq laptop.
I've seen that numerous people have problems with that chip, but no answer could help me. Did you find a way to make yours work ?
Rgds
Emmanuel
Hello,
I have an old Acer TravelMate 720TX laptop with a Neomagic MagicMedia 256AV Audio soundcard, which Knoppix v3.3 (release 2004-02-16BETA) detects at boot:
but from which I can't get any soundCode:Soundcard: [MagicMedia 256AV Audio] driver=nm256_audio
Here's what pnpdump says:
/usr/sbin/soundcardconfig reported this:Code:NAME "NMX2200/-1[0]{Neomagic MagicWave 3DX Sound System}"
Well, what can I do to get sound out of this soundcard, since Knoppix appears to recognize it? (I tried booting with "knoppix alsa" but no luck).Code:A PCI sound card was found in your system. Model: [MagicMedia 256AV Audio] The [MagicMedia 256AV Audio] is not currently supported
Thanks,
Dan
Hi,
I have the same problem with an old Compaq laptop.
I've seen that numerous people have problems with that chip, but no answer could help me. Did you find a way to make yours work ?
Rgds
Emmanuel

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99