Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wheel mouse

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10

    Wheel mouse???

    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if a wheel mouse is supported in this version? I really like the HD Install - (I have version 31-10-02) and this is it's only problem for me.
    Thanks
    Trish

  2. #2
    Member registered user tuxtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    hamburg.de
    Posts
    32

    Re: Wheel mouse???

    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    Can anyone tell me if a wheel mouse is supported in this version? I really like the HD Install - (I have version 31-10-02) and this is it's only problem for me.
    I think in version 31-10-02 wheelmouse is already supported.
    Boot the cd with knoppix wheelmouse @ the boot prompt.
    When you do knx-hdinstall then, the X server config (including wheelmouse) will be transferred to your new system.

    If you want to be 100% sure, use the newest version (2003-01-20). From that version I'm posting this. - And the mouse wheel works.

    tom

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9
    putting "knoppix wheelmouse" at the boot prompt didn“t work for me (I“m using a PS/2 Microsoft Intellimouse). I had to change the XF86config-4 in /etc/X11 manually.
    My mouse entry there looks like this:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

    The crucial option is the ZAxisMapping and the changed protocol IMPS/2 instead of PS/2.

    Maybe this will work for you, too.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10
    Thankyou very much for your help!
    I have the 20th Jan version ordered on CD. I'll get it later this week - so I'll be 'cooking with gas!'
    Thanks
    Trish

Similar Threads

  1. 2 button wheel mouse help
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 07:20 PM
  2. 2 btn wheel mouse - too quick
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 12:07 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
  4. Mouse wheel not working
    By [email protected] in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:35 AM
  5. Wheel mouse in Knoppix
    By Boshond in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2003, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4 picture

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4

$1840.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$225.00



Windows Server 2025 Standardāœ” 24-COREāœ” 10 CALsāœ” 50 RDSāœ” Remote Desktop EP2-25205 picture

Windows Server 2025 Standardāœ” 24-COREāœ” 10 CALsāœ” 50 RDSāœ” Remote Desktop EP2-25205

$317.56



HP ProLiant DL380 G9 Server 512GB RAM 20TB HDD Nvidia Titan RTX 24GB GPU 2x Xeon picture

HP ProLiant DL380 G9 Server 512GB RAM 20TB HDD Nvidia Titan RTX 24GB GPU 2x Xeon

$4499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



USB 2.0 Network Print Server LAN Print Share Server USB Wireless Print Server picture

USB 2.0 Network Print Server LAN Print Share Server USB Wireless Print Server

$25.19