-
Senior Member
registered user
http://localhost:631 No Joy...
I have no luck printing with an hdinstall. I can only get CUPS to print using KONQUEROR http://localhost:631 as root or as the user defined during installation. And that's only for a local printer, forget printing overa LAN. FOrget adduser account too. What am I missing?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!
TIA,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is Konqueror printing thru the kprinter utility?
Check out this page: http://www.desktop-linux.net/print-fix.htm
I've used that on my machine at school, after using kprinter to set up our jetdirect hp laser printers, everything works fine, I've never used the localhost:631 browser setup for cups, since I use kde I use kprinter.
BTW, if you have jetdirect printers, print out a configuration page from the printer and when you set up your printer w/ kprinter use that URI or scan that network, then select the proper print driver, etc. very easy way to get a jetdirect printer up and going.
HTH
~rock
BTW, only Jesus can save you...
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, thanx, I'll have to look into kprinter. I have a LaserJet 5M and a ColorLaserJet 2500 on this network. I don't know any uri's but the laser has an ip address of 10.10.254.211 and the color laser has an ip of 10.10.254.212. These addresses are all I needed to print with the KNOPPIX confuguration tool (running the liveCD or Poor Man's).
If anyone is familiar with the 2500, please let me know how to print out its uri. This printer has a control panel with 3 buttons and a ton of lights. There is no LCD screen with menus on it like I'm used to with the old laserjets....
TIA,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Just use the addresses if you have them
~rock
Similar Threads
-
By newtolinux in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
-
By ClayJar in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:28 AM
-
By Idletask in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:59 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 12:20 AM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN - SK Hynix 64GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz Registered ECC DIMM Dual
$493.31

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99