Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [url]http://localhost:631[/url] No Joy...

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    http://localhost:631 No Joy...

    I have no luck printing with an hdinstall. I can only get CUPS to print using KONQUEROR http://localhost:631 as root or as the user defined during installation. And that's only for a local printer, forget printing overa LAN. FOrget adduser account too. What am I missing?

    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!

    TIA,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Is Konqueror printing thru the kprinter utility?
    Check out this page: http://www.desktop-linux.net/print-fix.htm
    I've used that on my machine at school, after using kprinter to set up our jetdirect hp laser printers, everything works fine, I've never used the localhost:631 browser setup for cups, since I use kde I use kprinter.
    BTW, if you have jetdirect printers, print out a configuration page from the printer and when you set up your printer w/ kprinter use that URI or scan that network, then select the proper print driver, etc. very easy way to get a jetdirect printer up and going.

    HTH

    ~rock

    BTW, only Jesus can save you...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, thanx, I'll have to look into kprinter. I have a LaserJet 5M and a ColorLaserJet 2500 on this network. I don't know any uri's but the laser has an ip address of 10.10.254.211 and the color laser has an ip of 10.10.254.212. These addresses are all I needed to print with the KNOPPIX confuguration tool (running the liveCD or Poor Man's).

    If anyone is familiar with the 2500, please let me know how to print out its uri. This printer has a control panel with 3 buttons and a ton of lights. There is no LCD screen with menus on it like I'm used to with the old laserjets....

    TIA,

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Just use the addresses if you have them

    ~rock

Similar Threads

  1. Telnet - localhost
    By newtolinux in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:28 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:59 PM
  4. using [url]http://localhost:631[/url]
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 12:20 AM
  5. [url]http://www.knoppix.net/search[/url]
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99