Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No modem & no usb-stick access when booting from hd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Benroth, Germany
    Posts
    4

    No modem & no usb-stick access when booting from hd

    After everything worked fine when booting from CD (modem, usb-stick, usb-camera) I installed the same Knoppix-version 3.3 on hd. But now I can't access my modem by kppp thru ttyS0 (error message "Can not open Modem Device") and no access to the usb-devices (error mesasage by USBView: "Can not open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices"). What shall I do to get these working and where can I find what the differences are between CDRom boot & booting from hd?

    thx in advance,
    kabs

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: No modem & no usb-stick access when booting from hd

    Quote Originally Posted by kabs
    After everything worked fine when booting from CD (modem, usb-stick, usb-camera) I installed the same Knoppix-version 3.3 on hd. But now I can't access my modem by kppp thru ttyS0 (error message "Can not open Modem Device") and no access to the usb-devices (error mesasage by USBView: "Can not open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices"). What shall I do to get these working and where can I find what the differences are between CDRom boot & booting from hd?

    thx in advance,
    kabs
    For the USB you need a line:
    Code:
    none            /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs        defaults        0       0
    In the file /etc/fstab, I don't know about the modem I never use one but there are plenty of post dealing with it here it looks like a permission problem you should check the /dev/modem device and make sure you are a member of the groups dip and dailout with the command groups in a console wndow so more information as to the type of modem could be helpful as well.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Benroth, Germany
    Posts
    4
    Now everything is working fine, because I used "sudo knoppix-installer" instead of "knx-hdinstall".

    kabs

Similar Threads

  1. booting knoppix from usb stick
    By davman1971 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 02:28 AM
  2. How to access & configure internal modem through KNOPPIX
    By bhasker varma in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:46 PM
  3. Multi-booting on 1gb USB stick
    By pallendo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 08:52 PM
  4. usb stick in both kernel's
    By De Vince in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 12:33 AM
  5. usb stick
    By pro-logic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks EX4400-EM-4Y EX Series 4-Port SFP Expansion Module 25Gbps picture

Juniper Networks EX4400-EM-4Y EX Series 4-Port SFP Expansion Module 25Gbps

$800.00



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99