Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Dead shortcuts in KDE menu

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5

    Dead shortcuts in KDE menu

    I removed by Synaptic and 'apt-get remove' 500 mb of useless for me packages
    But lots of dead links still in KDE menu (Koffice, Abyword,etc)
    I was trying to clean up them by 'update-menus", (worked little bit) but some of removed packages from hd still have a links in KDE menu
    How can I remove dead links?

    How can I find which package belong the xlogo and xeyes?
    I been trying apt-get xlogo xeyes...but not sucess
    If someone have a idea please replay to my post

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    have you restarted KDE (log out/log in)? sometimes it takes some time for KDE to update the menu, and a restart might help...

    and you can manually remove the items...

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    xeyes, etc...

    all those other useless "tools" like xeyes, xlogo are in a package "xbase-clients". I tried to get rid of it but it seems like the dependencies would kill my remaster. I could be wrong cause I'm a newbie, try it out. If it works let me know. I'd like to get rid of them also

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    You may have already done this, but if you right-click on the K-button it has an option to edit the menu. You can remove items and add items within a graphical interface.

Similar Threads

  1. Help needed: Menu shortcuts Doubled
    By weedje in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
  2. Shortcuts help
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
  3. Some favourite KDE shortcuts and addons
    By monkymind in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 05:02 PM
  4. desktop shortcuts won't save
    By electronicjason in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 05:59 PM
  5. Making desktop shortcuts
    By Tortoise in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01