Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I can't load any website

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Umag, Croatia, Europe, Planet Earth, Milky Way...
    Posts
    4

    I can't load any website

    I got Knoppix 3.3 CD a week ago. I wanted connect to the Internet. I have an ISDN card so I ran ISDN connection ang config (it's a Red Hat software I think) to set it all up. The problem is that I can connect to my provider, but when I run any web browser and try to load a site (any site) it always says it can't load it because of unknown host.

    Is there somebody who can help me in any way?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lahti, Finland
    Posts
    3

    Domain Name Server

    You need to set up DNS address.

    Take a look at the paper you received from the service provider. There should be address of the DNS server.

    Set it up by editing /etc/resolv.conf. Add
    row like this

    nameserver 192.222.222.222

    where the numbers are the IP of the name server.

    that should do it.

    Eleknader

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    I have exactly the same problem, but I use a modem.

    The strange thing is:

    I choose the option dynamik name server.

    As long as I connected, there are nameserver written in the resolv.conf - File which are deleted when I stop the connection with my provider.

    Still, even when enter a IP-adress instead of a website-name (eg. 193.201.12.14 instead of www. cinema.de). the website won't be found.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Umag, Croatia, Europe, Planet Earth, Milky Way...
    Posts
    4
    Actually, the DNS adress wasn't written on the paper my provider gave me. So I had to call the provider and I finally got the DNS.

    Right now I am running this website from Konqueror. Thank you very much Eleknader!!

    I still can't see the Topic review. But this is maybe a website problem.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Umag, Croatia, Europe, Planet Earth, Milky Way...
    Posts
    4
    Now I'm running the website from Mozilla and now I can see the Topic review. Probably the site is not very compatible with Konqueror.

    And Bernd, why don't you try to use the exact name server of your provider instead of the dynamic. It worked for me, I think it should work even for you.

Similar Threads

  1. Klik website down?
    By ryanpq in forum Klik
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 05:27 PM
  2. knoppix will load, but after system starts, GUI wont load.
    By n()()dle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
  3. What's with the new website look?
    By mimes in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 09:23 AM
  4. Good Grief!! Can't Load, Won't Load
    By Medicate in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
  5. New Linux website in town
    By dragonx in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99