-
Senior Member
registered user
All I had to do was mount hda7 and make it rw from the desktop. Then in a root shell I cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda7/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and reboot without the CD. Viola, ca c'est fini!
BTW, anyone have trouble doing this with knoppix-installed as debian PCs? I did this with 20031119 and ended up with a text-only login screen....
I then tried this with a knoppix-installed as knoppix PC (also 20031119) and the file on /mnt/hda7 did not exist (usually I have to write over it)....
Something wierd here.
TIA,
-
Senior Member
registered user
When I knoppix-installer 20031119 as knoppix, there is no file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, but there is a file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.in, should I modify that one?
Well I tried that, and my screen=1024x768 did not work. Should I modify /etc/X11/XF86Config instead?
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By totenengle in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 03:39 AM
-
By *ix Newbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 05:06 PM
-
By greenbridge in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 08:51 PM
-
By mordor in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00