Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: lilo.conf

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    All I had to do was mount hda7 and make it rw from the desktop. Then in a root shell I cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda7/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and reboot without the CD. Viola, ca c'est fini!
    BTW, anyone have trouble doing this with knoppix-installed as debian PCs? I did this with 20031119 and ended up with a text-only login screen....

    I then tried this with a knoppix-installed as knoppix PC (also 20031119) and the file on /mnt/hda7 did not exist (usually I have to write over it)....

    Something wierd here.

    TIA,

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    When I knoppix-installer 20031119 as knoppix, there is no file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, but there is a file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.in, should I modify that one?

    Well I tried that, and my screen=1024x768 did not work. Should I modify /etc/X11/XF86Config instead?

    TIA,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Reinstall lilo to hda, using hda lilo.conf and knoppix live
    By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
  2. can't edit lilo.conf
    By totenengle in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 03:39 AM
  3. Lilo.conf questions
    By *ix Newbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 05:06 PM
  4. Different LILO.conf during remastering
    By greenbridge in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 08:51 PM
  5. lilo.conf qeustion
    By mordor in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75