we are actually work on it ..
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=333
Im trying to use apt-get on the cdrom only boot of Knoppix...Yes I realize that it boots off of a CDROM and it is read only.
But I see ref's to peoplel using apt-get here on the forum (are they talking about HD only installs)? When I cdrom boot into Knoppix and run:
root@ttyp1[knoppix]# apt-get update
(as root)
I get:
"Could not open file /var/lib/apt/listing/partial/ftp*"
(amoung other things - mostly readonly errors)
I tried to touch a file in that dir and it is in fact readonly (imagine my surprise!)
As a longtime RedHat user, Im not as familiar with apt-get but have enjoyed it on my ClarkConnect box...
Will apt-get work on a cdrom boot of Knoppix?
Any help out there?
we are actually work on it ..
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=333
I must not have looked hard enough...sorry...Ill keep track there...

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-24PS Ethernet PoE+ 4x1G Uplink Switch
$159.20
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49
Cisco 6500 WS-X6148A-GE-45AF 48-Port 10/100/1000 RJ-45 802.3af PoE Card Module.
$80.00
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99