-
apt-get (readonly?)
Im trying to use apt-get on the cdrom only boot of Knoppix...Yes I realize that it boots off of a CDROM and it is read only.
But I see ref's to peoplel using apt-get here on the forum (are they talking about HD only installs)? When I cdrom boot into Knoppix and run:
root@ttyp1[knoppix]# apt-get update
(as root)
I get:
"Could not open file /var/lib/apt/listing/partial/ftp*"
(amoung other things - mostly readonly errors)
I tried to touch a file in that dir and it is in fact readonly (imagine my surprise!)
As a longtime RedHat user, Im not as familiar with apt-get but have enjoyed it on my ClarkConnect box...
Will apt-get work on a cdrom boot of Knoppix?
Any help out there?
Similar Threads
-
By stardactyl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 08:17 PM
-
By xiao in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Inspiron 7500 ENG setup video VHS VID 17500 Sealed 4697T Vintage
$49.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Rare Vintage Commodore Solid State Red LED Calculator 897D w/ box & manual
$49.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99