Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: USB Question

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlinux
    I had the same problem. What I did was install 'usbmgr'. What this did was remove hotplug, and installed usbmgr. After that I was able to use and configure my USB devices.

    Nick
    strange. both packages as far as I understand is to load/unload modules based on the vendor ID info it sees on /proc/bus/usb. Whether a device is supported or not depends on the kernel modules(either stocked one or download/compiled seperately if available), the userland tools(usbmgr/hotplug) cannot magically support a device.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    8
    I would have thought the same thing, but before I installed usbmgr, I went into usbview, and nothing showed up. I even plugged in the device prior to booting, in hopes to capture it during bootup, but that didn't work.

    I guess it is one of those weird things that happen, and there really is no explanation for it.

    Nick

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872

    Re: USB Question

    Quote Originally Posted by bpeasey
    Hi,

    I'm really new to Linux OS and have a question about USB. How can I browse a USB device in Knoppix (or any other distro)?

    I have a PDA (IPAQ 3950 w/PocketPC 2002). I really don't want to synch anything. I would just like to browse the storage on the device and have the ability to transfer mp3's and pdf's from Linux over to the PDA.

    What steps are needed to do this?

    Thanks Much,
    Brian
    This may be what you need but don't ask me howto as I don't have these gadgets. There is a section mentioning the CE/iPaq etc.

    http://lufs.sourceforge.net/lufs/fs.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Samsung 8GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (M471A1K43CB1CTD) picture

Samsung 8GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (M471A1K43CB1CTD)

$27.99



Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested

$29.99



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A picture

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A

$299.95



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$159.95



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Gaming PC – RTX 4070 / Ryzen 7 8700F / 32GB RAM picture

Gaming PC – RTX 4070 / Ryzen 7 8700F / 32GB RAM

$1250.00