Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: USB Question

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlinux
    I had the same problem. What I did was install 'usbmgr'. What this did was remove hotplug, and installed usbmgr. After that I was able to use and configure my USB devices.

    Nick
    strange. both packages as far as I understand is to load/unload modules based on the vendor ID info it sees on /proc/bus/usb. Whether a device is supported or not depends on the kernel modules(either stocked one or download/compiled seperately if available), the userland tools(usbmgr/hotplug) cannot magically support a device.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    8
    I would have thought the same thing, but before I installed usbmgr, I went into usbview, and nothing showed up. I even plugged in the device prior to booting, in hopes to capture it during bootup, but that didn't work.

    I guess it is one of those weird things that happen, and there really is no explanation for it.

    Nick

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872

    Re: USB Question

    Quote Originally Posted by bpeasey
    Hi,

    I'm really new to Linux OS and have a question about USB. How can I browse a USB device in Knoppix (or any other distro)?

    I have a PDA (IPAQ 3950 w/PocketPC 2002). I really don't want to synch anything. I would just like to browse the storage on the device and have the ability to transfer mp3's and pdf's from Linux over to the PDA.

    What steps are needed to do this?

    Thanks Much,
    Brian
    This may be what you need but don't ask me howto as I don't have these gadgets. There is a section mentioning the CE/iPaq etc.

    http://lufs.sourceforge.net/lufs/fs.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520 picture

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520

$29.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU

$50.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5

2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive

$29.50



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00