-
apt-get (readonly?)
Im trying to use apt-get on the cdrom only boot of Knoppix...Yes I realize that it boots off of a CDROM and it is read only.
But I see ref's to peoplel using apt-get here on the forum (are they talking about HD only installs)? When I cdrom boot into Knoppix and run:
root@ttyp1[knoppix]# apt-get update
(as root)
I get:
"Could not open file /var/lib/apt/listing/partial/ftp*"
(amoung other things - mostly readonly errors)
I tried to touch a file in that dir and it is in fact readonly (imagine my surprise!)
As a longtime RedHat user, Im not as familiar with apt-get but have enjoyed it on my ClarkConnect box...
Will apt-get work on a cdrom boot of Knoppix?
Any help out there?
Similar Threads
-
By stardactyl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 08:17 PM
-
By xiao in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN
$149.99

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00