Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Please help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5

    Please help

    After compiling the kernel on laptop I did something wrong in lilo.conf
    Now I cant start the knoppix.
    The USB support for my floppy drive is not on( its was the part of reason for kernel compilation)
    I am using the Knoppix live CD to mount my hda2.
    I can see a lilo.config and I find the reason, but I cant the save fix in lilo.conf
    I dont have a permission
    Sure my root pass not working there through boot live cd
    Maybe sameone can give me advice, how to save new lilo.conf in my mounted hda2 through knoppix live cd
    Please?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    You need to chroot into your mounted partition:

    chroot /mnt/hdx?

    Then you should be able to save lilo and /sbin/lilo

    Another option is to use a boot floppy like Debian's or Vector's and simply point it to your /root partition.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 800XL Home Computer. S-Video out Tested and Works picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer. S-Video out Tested and Works

$150.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95