Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: MD5sum

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1

    MD5sum

    Hi,

    Got a question about the MD5sum of Knoppix version V3.3-2003-11-03-EN.

    I've downloaded this version from a mirror site, ftp.quicknet.nl to be exact, but when I compare the downloaded ISO with its MD5 checksum the results don't match.

    When I try this version (in VMWare) everything works fine as far I can see.
    Do I have to be very suspisious to keep on using this downloaded version or should I download it again from another site ??

    Moob

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: MD5sum

    --If the md5sums aren't 100% the same, *something* is bound to go wrong somewhere down the line. Re-download.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moob
    Hi,

    Got a question about the MD5sum of Knoppix version V3.3-2003-11-03-EN.

    I've downloaded this version from a mirror site, ftp.quicknet.nl to be exact, but when I compare the downloaded ISO with its MD5 checksum the results don't match.

    When I try this version (in VMWare) everything works fine as far I can see.
    Do I have to be very suspisious to keep on using this downloaded version or should I download it again from another site ??

    Moob

Similar Threads

  1. md5sum
    By empro in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
  2. GPG signed md5sum
    By FunkyRes in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 01:43 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 04:36 PM
  4. Download: md5sum on a Mac with OS9?
    By unamiccia in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:34 PM
  5. md5sum
    By bob_parker in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99