Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: lpd printer problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4

    lpd printer problems

    I am hoping you Knoppix gurus can help me out with my printer problems. I can't seem to connect to the print server on my US Robotics 8000A router with knoppix 3.3. This happens with both the CD boot & hard drive install. I tried the printer config, the KDE print manager, localhost:631 & installing the print configuration tool for webmin. None of them connect me to my printer.
    My settings are lpd://192.168.123.254:515/lpt1
    This should work as it is the exact setting I am using on my Mandrake boot.

    If I check the logs on my router's web interface, it shows that the LPR client command isn't even making it out of my box to my router. What am I missing? Is there something else I need to install to make this work as it does in Mandrake?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4
    Nevermind...I fixed my problem after I booted back into mandrake & noticed I could no longer print there either. Turns out I needed to reboot my router because the print server was locked up. I just wish I hadn't wasted half the day troubleshooting this!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Printer Problems-Knoppix3.7-HP 990c m Series
    By downdogWoof in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 01:25 PM
  2. Printer Problems with 3.6 and Epson C70
    By Nadrach in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 10:41 AM
  3. printer problems in 3.4 but not 3.3!
    By drews in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:06 PM
  4. Printer and Password problems
    By rocker452 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 04:53 AM
  5. Sound and printer problems
    By Zuggy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99