Ok, I'm fairly new to Linux, so please be patient.
I've been trying to get my wireless network card (SMC 2532W-B) working with KNOPPIX without much luck. It seems that I need to add it to the /etc/pcmcia/config file. I've got the info I need from 'cardctl ident':
Except that I can't edit the config file. I've tried to change permissions as root from the shell, but I keep getting ": Read-only file system".Socket 0:
product info: "SMC", "SMC2532W-B EliteConnect Wireless Adapter","",""
manfid: 0xd601, 0x0005
Function: 6 (network)
Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm going quite blind from reading all the help files.

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99
Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different
$29.99
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99