-
Changing file permissions
Ok, I'm fairly new to Linux, so please be patient.
I've been trying to get my wireless network card (SMC 2532W-B) working with KNOPPIX without much luck. It seems that I need to add it to the /etc/pcmcia/config file. I've got the info I need from 'cardctl ident':
Socket 0:
product info: "SMC", "SMC2532W-B EliteConnect Wireless Adapter","",""
manfid: 0xd601, 0x0005
Function: 6 (network)
Except that I can't edit the config file. I've tried to change permissions as root from the shell, but I keep getting ": Read-only file system".
Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm going quite blind from reading all the help files.
Similar Threads
-
By jhastings in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 12:04 PM
-
By bernstine in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 09:29 AM
-
By Frank362 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 12:29 PM
-
By Jackaboo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:42 AM
-
By hhayes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00