-
Near perfect Install: exc AC97 snd & char-major-118 (cup
Hi all,
I just booted Knoppix for the first time last night
(03-11 build) and it was almost as smooth as glass! Beautiful!!
The only problems I've encountered were with
1. my onboard sound card (AC97) was not recognized,
but I got sound as soon as I enabled aRts
in the Control Center (Multimedia Sound)
2. complaints about not finding char-major-118
which is related to CUPS -- but my printer works fine.
Any thoughts?
-John
I'll be doing a hdinstall very soon! Knoppix is great!!
Similar Threads
-
By Seyyapc in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By HateSpitLove in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 01:44 AM
-
By phillfri in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:52 AM
-
By bluejay in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 11:02 PM
-
By m0rpheus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 01:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98