-
Well, it worked, almost perfectly.. I still haven't been able to get my USB mouse to work, but I've futzed it for the moment with a USB-to-PS2 adapter and it's working fne that way.. I'll figure out what exactly I need to enable or disable for it later.. but the sound is up and working once more, and as witnessed by this post, my network card's working again.. turns out it was a Realtek card.. and now that I have Net access again under the new kernel, I can actualy keep hunting for reason why the mouse seems to be dead on USB mode. Many thanks for the .config, that seems to have helped immensely. Now I gotta try out all the other stuff (my usual applications, the CD-RW, a couple games..) to make sure everything is working fine with the new kernel.. and maybe it's my imagination, but the dekstop seems a tad more responsive with 2.6.0-test9.. maybe it's that 'preemptible kernel' stuff. Thanks again!
Similar Threads
-
By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 08:15 PM
-
By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00

Altec Lansing Vintage Computer Subwoofer & Speakers ACS340 - No Power Cord
$49.99

Apple Power Mac G4 Media Software Install Restore OS 9 X Disc Lot 603-0711 Vtg
$100.00

Vintage Microtech Europa 40 External SCSI Hard Drive (For Parts/Untested)
$59.95

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage 101 BASIC Computer Games Book David Ahl 1974 2nd Print DEC Digital Rare
$135.00

LOT of 177 DDR2 Mixed Brands & Size 2GB 1GB 512MB 256MB Vintage
$319.13

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95

Vintage Sun Type 4 Computer Keyboard
$89.99