-
OK, just a quick note, I got the USB mouse to work.. I just had to do a
Code:
sudo modprobe uhci_hcd
And it started working again.
I've read on a couple of discussions that it may be related to some bug in the ACPI modules, and that for some people, the mouse will stop working every now and then for no apparent reason and won't start again until they modprobe it to life once more. These discussions were talking about pre-test9 kernels, so that may have been fixed.. I'll let you know if it happens to me.
Have you tried modprobing around your usb devices to see if maybe that perks your UPS thing to life/ Worked for me with the mouse, at least, no need for additional recompiles, even.
Now that I've gotten the mouse working once more, everything else seems to be going pretty smoothly with 2.6.0-test9. I've run into a few bugs bringing up some windows programs under WINE that seemed to run pretty flawlessly before, but those are minor concerns, none of my WINE programs are critical. Haven't tried out the CD burner yet, I'm downloading the latest Knoppix ISO and will burn it once it finishes, I figure burning a bootable image is a fair test of wether the burner works fine with the new kernel.
Similar Threads
-
By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 08:15 PM
-
By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Metro DataVac PRO MDV-1 Computer Cleaning System Blower/Vacuum Complete w/ Bags
$129.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98