I have Knoppix live cd 3.3 which I believe is an amazing package but I wanted a more persistent version of linux and my advisor told me to get suse 8.1. I installed Suse with no problems but I can't get online.
I am using an ADSL ntl Ambit modem connected by usb under windows and knoppix but Ethernet is available as well (it just didn't work with win so I use USB).
The question is this is there something that knoppix does and suse 8.1 can't do? Somekind of configiration utility that made Knoppix 3.3 get online without me doing anything. And if not could anyone tell me the config files I could copy from knoppix to suse in order to get both net configurations exactly the same (if possible). Plz keep it simple I am new and I can't really cope with extra long filenames and commandsI used to like them with dos but windows made me a lazy bugger
![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 PCIe USB 3.1 Gaming
$60.00
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00