-
cheatcodes=important boot options
This sounds like an "in-the-heat-of-the-moment" post.
I did have similar problems especially with scsi, and eventually I used the "expert" option, which asked me questions along the way. It is true that it also took me a while to work out how important these "options" were, and that I intially ignored them because they were called "cheatcodes", which I associated with games actually.
However, I do not think it is a user friendliness problem, simply a documentation problem. However, it is hard to write documentation for newbies when you are not a newbie anymore. You skip things involuntarily.
In the end, people will ask you to check your abilities with the "search function". Several searches are required, because many posts which deal with this problems are not always given the most appropriate title. For example, look at your own title for the post, do you think a person with a similar problem to yours would find it easily?
I am not reprimanding, simply reducing the size of this problem because it is easily corrected. Knoppix is an excellent concept and distro, but you have to expect a certain amount of "no pain, no gain".
Similar Threads
-
By mkklavz in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
-
By honigbaer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
-
By tommydl in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:30 AM
-
By robrink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

NEW - Samsung 512GB USB-C Flash Drive Blue Up to 400MB/s Read Speed
$120.00

Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
$135.00

Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00