I have the same system (well, 380xd instead of the d), and am working on it. Will tell ya if I can get it working
can someone help me configure my sound card . I have knoppix on a thinkpad 380D Windoze says I have a Crystal pnp audio system
furder search shows that it is a cirrus semiconductor CS4237B card
but I can not find it when I launch sndconfig
Is there another way around to get it to recognize it
p.d. everything else is working fine and Dandy
I have the same system (well, 380xd instead of the d), and am working on it. Will tell ya if I can get it working

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75