Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how do I create an ENGLISH boot floppy disk?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    how do I create an ENGLISH boot floppy disk?

    I downloaded the latest 3.3 ISO..the English one.

    in the index_en.html file (in Win) I can read:
    Use the mkfloppy.bat script for the regular boot image (German version). Use the command rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A (in the KNOPPIX directory) to create an English boot disk.
    went2see in \knoppix, but there's NOT any boot-en.img file...

    could someone please send the file to me, or tell me where to get it?

    thank you!

    (before you ask me: no, I can't simply boot from the CDRom; I've got two and they're both SCSI...but my controller doesn't allow CD-booting, unfortunately...)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Greetings nommi,

    I think boot-en.img was used in some old versions
    of KNOPPIX. Use boot.img and it should be fine.

    It is likely that the only difference is the "cheat code"
    lang=us in the second line of syslinux.cfg on the floppy.

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/BootFloppyHowTo

    This is a help file but it may be out of date. I like to boot
    from floppy disk so that I can make my own scripts run
    at startup.

    Brest Wishes
    paradocs

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2
    thx man!
    I found the image I was searching, though!
    http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppi...ks/boot-en.img

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie needs help to create boot floppy
    By mingus725 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:20 AM
  2. how to create a boot cd or floppy for installation
    By marcelbraz30 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 10:31 PM
  3. Will there ever be a floppy boot disk for Knoppix 3.6?
    By CCC-Shiner in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 11:28 PM
  4. Floppy Boot disk
    By Spyder_Snyper in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 08:21 PM
  5. Boot from Hard Disk without floppy
    By nicklaser in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



MAKE ME AN OFFER Intel Core i5-10400 6-Core 2.90GHz LGA1200 CPU 12MB L3 SRH3C picture

MAKE ME AN OFFER Intel Core i5-10400 6-Core 2.90GHz LGA1200 CPU 12MB L3 SRH3C

$87.65



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586 picture

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586

$149.99



Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New

$284.79