-
adduser and KDE
when adding a user by typing "adduser" at a root prompt I'm able add a user normally.
My problem is when starting KDE it doesn't go through the initialization that the root account goes through when it first logs into KDE. How do I make my other users have that same initialization?
I have already tried moving the /etc/skel directory and leaving /etc/skel but deleting all the files. and it still doesn't work.
Anyway any ideas would be great.
-
I'm interested in adding a user as well. Also, the KNOPPIX user shows with the German language - I'd like to convert that login to English.
-
Member
registered user
Re: adduser and KDE

Originally Posted by
WillsterV
when adding a user by typing "adduser" at a root prompt I'm able add a user normally.
My problem is when starting KDE it doesn't go through the initialization that the root account goes through when it first logs into KDE. How do I make my other users have that same initialization?
I always add new users manually:
In konsole:
Code:
$ su
password: rootpassword
# useradd username
# passwd username
.......
# mkdir /home/username
# chown username:users /home/username
Doing this way the new user starts with an empty homedir.
~/.kde will be newly created (by the same procedure it is done with root)
tom
-
$ su
password: rootpassword
# useradd username
# passwd username
.......
# mkdir /home/username
# chown username:users /home/username
This worked perfectly. Thank you. I even experimented by doing 'startx' and configuring KDE then quiting and deleting everything from the dir and doing 'startx' again.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 06:15 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By derjens in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:11 PM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00