I'm interested in adding a user as well. Also, the KNOPPIX user shows with the German language - I'd like to convert that login to English.
when adding a user by typing "adduser" at a root prompt I'm able add a user normally.
My problem is when starting KDE it doesn't go through the initialization that the root account goes through when it first logs into KDE. How do I make my other users have that same initialization?
I have already tried moving the /etc/skel directory and leaving /etc/skel but deleting all the files. and it still doesn't work.
Anyway any ideas would be great.
I'm interested in adding a user as well. Also, the KNOPPIX user shows with the German language - I'd like to convert that login to English.
I always add new users manually:Originally Posted by WillsterV
In konsole:
Doing this way the new user starts with an empty homedir.Code:$ su password: rootpassword # useradd username # passwd username ....... # mkdir /home/username # chown username:users /home/username
~/.kde will be newly created (by the same procedure it is done with root)
tom
This worked perfectly. Thank you. I even experimented by doing 'startx' and configuring KDE then quiting and deleting everything from the dir and doing 'startx' again.$ su
password: rootpassword
# useradd username
# passwd username
.......
# mkdir /home/username
# chown username:users /home/username
Thanks![]()

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59