-
How do you boot to console instead of GUI?
I'm slowly moving from MDK to Debian through a knoppix HD install. I am running dual monitors with two Nvidia cards. When I choose to log out & log in as a different user, X locks up & I have to do a hard reboot. I had this same problem in mandrake & solved it by setting it up to boot to console then typing "startx" (instead of disabling DRI & losing my openGL). How do I do this in knoppix? I edited my knoppix inittab to runlevel 3, but it still booted to the GUI log in manager.
Thanks in advance for any help.
-
Hi,
the german forum give an advice:
http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb...042739;start=3
translated:
#start KDM only in runlevel 5
update-rc.d -f kdm remove
update-rc.d kdm stop 1 0 1 2 3 4 6 .
ln -s ../init.d/kdm /etc/rc5.d/S99kdm
#change runlevel to 3
perl -pi -e 's/(id):\d
initdefault
/\1:3:\2/' /etc/inittab
Ciao Martin
-
Thanks for the response horo...will give that a try.
Similar Threads
-
By Particle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
-
By pezz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 11:46 AM
-
By edlsoft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 01:42 AM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 12:59 AM
-
By BillS in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM module (Model: HMA84GR7JJR4N-WM)
$449.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99