Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: VIA KM266 USB-problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3

    VIA KM266 USB-problems

    As a noob/beginner I've bumped into the following problem. Recently, I've bought an AMD system based on a Shuttle MK35VN MoBo with a VIA KM266 chipset, on which I've installed Knoppix 3.3 on HDD. Works like a charm, except for sound, LAN (possibly, haven't tried it yet due to lack of networking knowledge) and - more importantly - USB.

    After browsing the forum, I've added /proc/bus/USB to /etc/fstab and issued a mount -a in order to be able to use USB, as I have a HP PSC1210 printer. However, I cannot find a trace of the printer when viewing /proc/bus/usb/devices, although a lot of stuff seems to be present for the layman I am ;-). Anyhow, all vendor values are zero, so I figure something's not working, right? when using lsmod, USB seems active and everything seems to be initialized judging the boot-up messages, so what gives? I strongly suspect my chipset not being supported, but haven't a clue as to how to fix this. Any insights on this would be very much appreciated!

    TIA,

    Marc van Doornik

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3
    No-one, eh? Never mind.

Similar Threads

  1. Savage Driver(S3 Savage Pro KM266) Here
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 09:55 AM
  2. Knoppix Problems or Hardware Problems
    By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
  3. Knoppix will not boot into KDE with ProSavage KM266
    By fledge in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 01:35 PM
  4. ideq 200s problems and more problems
    By lesshaste in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
  5. Booting Knoppix 22.09.2003 on Athlon anf KM266
    By cul971 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total picture

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total

$120.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Lot Of 10 SK  hynix 8GB 2rx8 PC4 -2133p Laptop Memory picture

Lot Of 10 SK hynix 8GB 2rx8 PC4 -2133p Laptop Memory

$285.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested picture

lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested

$1000.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99