Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wheel mouse

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10

    Wheel mouse???

    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if a wheel mouse is supported in this version? I really like the HD Install - (I have version 31-10-02) and this is it's only problem for me.
    Thanks
    Trish

  2. #2
    Member registered user tuxtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    hamburg.de
    Posts
    32

    Re: Wheel mouse???

    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    Can anyone tell me if a wheel mouse is supported in this version? I really like the HD Install - (I have version 31-10-02) and this is it's only problem for me.
    I think in version 31-10-02 wheelmouse is already supported.
    Boot the cd with knoppix wheelmouse @ the boot prompt.
    When you do knx-hdinstall then, the X server config (including wheelmouse) will be transferred to your new system.

    If you want to be 100% sure, use the newest version (2003-01-20). From that version I'm posting this. - And the mouse wheel works.

    tom

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9
    putting "knoppix wheelmouse" at the boot prompt didnīt work for me (Iīm using a PS/2 Microsoft Intellimouse). I had to change the XF86config-4 in /etc/X11 manually.
    My mouse entry there looks like this:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

    The crucial option is the ZAxisMapping and the changed protocol IMPS/2 instead of PS/2.

    Maybe this will work for you, too.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10
    Thankyou very much for your help!
    I have the 20th Jan version ordered on CD. I'll get it later this week - so I'll be 'cooking with gas!'
    Thanks
    Trish

Similar Threads

  1. 2 button wheel mouse help
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 07:20 PM
  2. 2 btn wheel mouse - too quick
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 12:07 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
  4. Mouse wheel not working
    By [email protected] in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:35 AM
  5. Wheel mouse in Knoppix
    By Boshond in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2003, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor

$55.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00