I had the same problem. I reinstalled the OS but opted not to start the KDM graphical interface automatically. So now I boot to the prompt. use startx to start the graphical interface & can simply logout to the prompt.
i installed knoppix 9-24-2003 on my hard drive only to find that logging out shut down my pc.
i'd like to install knoppix again. has anyone intsalled knoppix 11-14-2003 and checked to see if the log out feature is working? i really want to make several user accounts and right now i can't do it...
I had the same problem. I reinstalled the OS but opted not to start the KDM graphical interface automatically. So now I boot to the prompt. use startx to start the graphical interface & can simply logout to the prompt.
...i see. thanks for the tip.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99